Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cayenne pepper

Sometimes my kids amaze me. I suppose I should be used to them by now... :o)
Yesterday for lunch I diced up potatoes, onions, zuchhini and squash really small until I had a whole pan full, and added the last chicken breast (diced). Sauteed it all in olive oil, and added salt. It was a little blah so I added some cayenne pepper.
I handed Erinn her plate and she took it with a look of "VEGETABLES?" on her face. (She despises zucchini and squash plain.) But she ended up liking it a lot and even getting seconds.
Mooky said it was too spicy, but he liked it ok. Usually he LOVES that type of thing for lunch, so I was surprised at his lack of enthusiasm.
Within an hour he had a HORRIBLE stomach ache and diarrhea. We're pretty sure it was the cayenne pepper.
Bummer.

No comments: